Our Beliefs - Based wholly on the Bible
- The Bible is the only source of knowledge concerning God and His purpose. The Bible has been produced under inspiration of God and is therefore without error, except such as may be due to errors of transcription or translation.
- There is one true God, the creator of heaven and earth. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David and the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. He dwells in heaven, immortal and invisible and all powerful.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, born of the virgin Mary by the personal power of God, His Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God which He uses to accomplish His purpose, or Holy will.
When we die we cease to exist. Man is mortal and sinful, in need of salvation and unable to save himself. When man dies, his existence ends until the day of resurrection from the dead. The only hope of life is by resurrection at Christ's return.
Salvation is through Jesus Christ. The perfect life of Jesus, his sacrificial death and resurrection to immortality guarantees that sin and death have been conquered. Jesus shared our nature but he overcame all temptation and died to save his followers from sin and death.
God raised Jesus from the dead Christ and he is now immortal and at God's right hand in heaven. Jesus was raised from the dead by God. Later he ascended into heaven.
- The return of Jesus: Jesus will return personally to the earth to bring peace and righteousness and to establish God’s Kingdom with Jerusalem at its centre. There will be a resurrection and judgement of those responsible to God's word. Jesus will be King over the restored Kingdom of God in Israel and over the whole world.
Belief and Baptism: To be saved, man must acknowledge his belief in the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. We must demonstrate our belief and need of forgiveness by being baptised by full immersion in water, confessing our sins. We then belong to God and have become an heir of the promises made to Abraham. As such we wait in patience for God’s coming Kingdom.
- The regathered nation of Israel is God’s witness that His word will come to pass.
The Judgement: Death is not final for the servant of God. He sleeps in peace knowing nothing, until he is raised to judgement. All responsible men and women will stand before the Lord Jesus to receive their reward: eternal life and endless joy in the Kingdom of God for the faithful; and shameful dismissal and oblivion in death for those who have been unfaithful to the word of God or knowingly have rejected it.
The devil is not a supernatural being but is another name for sin.
God has a plan for mankind. This is the Gospel message. God’s desire to save mankind is evident in the promises He made, particularly to Abraham and David. These promises concern God’s plan with mankind, His Kingdom on earth with Christ as King, and the way in which man can share these promises.